Kinder Program _
At CKH we believe kindergarten is an important step for your child. It will help them learn skills that they will build on throughout their life.
At kindergarten your child will grow socially and emotionally, building confidence and preparing them for school with important skills;
• positively approach other children and make friends;
• participate in play;
• express emotions and deal with conflict appropriately;
• show interest in others and form friendships;
• express their needs and wants appropriately;
• separate from parents or primary carers;
• take turns in games and activities;
• share toys and equipment;
• follow some directions and understand some rules;
• participate in groups; and
• cope with transitions between routines and experiences.
Their ability to think, use and recognise language is promoted with cognitive skills to support children to;
• show natural curiosity and interest in learning new things;
• have confidence in learning; and
• be interested in solving problems.
Language skills to support children to:
• use language to ask questions and communicate their thoughts and ideas;
• listen to others; and
• enjoy books and being read to.
Independence and life skills to support children to:
• cope with a small amount of supervision in a variety of situations;
• toilet and dress themselves independently;
• unpack their lunch box and use a drink bottle; and
• deal with a structured environment.
Physical skills to support children to:
• use pencils, crayons, textas and scissors; and
• balance, run, jump, and use equipment such as balls and climbing apparatus
Their ability to think, use and recognise language and their fine motor skills will be developed through play, art, dance, music, movement and interacting with others.
Most importantly, your child will be learning to become an effective learner as they develop and extend their communication skills, build their self-confidence, learn to be creative, and develop skills that assist them with reading, writing and mathematics